Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco

 Audrey Rose Wadsworth and Thomas Cresswell are on their way to America after solving the gruesome murder at Bram Castle in Romania. When they set sail on the RMS Etruria, they think they're finally free from the trail of dead bodies that have been following them across Europe. But then someone turns up dead. Set to the backdrop of a magical carnival, Audrey Rose and Thomas must catch another killer before he's let loose in New York City.

Escaping from Houdini is my least favorite book in the Stalking Jack the Ripper series.

I really liked the setting of this book. The ship was so mystical and combined with Kerri Maniscalco's enchanting writing- it was beautiful! I loved the magical carnival vibe.

My favorite character in this book was Thomas. I love his sarcasm and undeniable charm. He and Audrey Rose are such a great couple.

The most annoying thing about this book was the love triangle. It was small but so terrible. Mephistopheles was such a terrible character! I hated him! And that scene where he kissed her! Ugh, I hated that! Poor Thomas was untreated. He was so sad as Audrey Rose became more and more involved with Mephistopheles. Needless to say, I hated Mephistopheles with everything in me.

I really hope Dacina comes back in the sequel. She's one of my favorite characters introduced in this series so far. I was happy Liza came back though!

If Escaping from Houdini didn't have that unnecessary love triangle, I would have enjoyed it so much more. This book was really disappointing compared to the first two in the series.

Page count: 416 pages

Published: September 18, 2018

Genre: historical fiction, mystery

Series: Stalking Jack the Ripper book 3

My rating: 3 stars

Buy this book

~ ~ ~

Also by Kerri Maniscalco:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta