Orphan Monster Spy by Matt Killeen

Sarah may look German, but she's Jewish. Shortly after her mother was shot at checkpoint, she meets a man who can change her future. He's part of the rebellion against the Nazi regime and recruits Sarah as a spy. Sarah will pose as Ursala Haller, a girl attending a school full of the daughters of the top Nazo soldiers. 
    For my English class, we had to pick a historical fiction book to read. Out of the millions on my TBR, I chose Orphan Monster Spy. The book went by slowly and I think it's because I was reading it for school. I'm not sure why but I never enjoy books as much when I read them for class. I find that I become more focused on reading it for class rather than enjoying it for myself.
    The story was great. It was hard to get into the story but when I did, I really enjoyed it. I know there's a second book in the series and I'm not sure if I want to read it. I think I will give Darling Devil Spy a  try though because I did end up enjoying Orphan Monster Spy towards the end and I really do want to give this series a second chance. 

Page Count: 448 pages
Published:
 February 19, 2019
Genre: Historical Fiction
Series: Orphan Monster Spy book 1
My Rating: 3 stars
Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta