Sanctum by Madeline Roux

 After a frighting summer at New Hampshire College, Dan and his friends are back at the university to investigate its latest mystery. After arriving, the trio discovers that the college grounds have been turned into a carnival. Adding onto the events that happened over the summer, the plot thickens as kidnapped women and secret society resurface. Dan, Abby, and Jorden are all past the point of no return and each wrong move could prove fatal.

My biggest disappointment in Sanctum was there were no creepy clowns. How do you write a book that takes place at a CARNAVAL with no creepy clowns? That's like horror 101 people.

For real though, Sanctum was a pretty good sequel to Asylum. I don't think it was as interesting as its predecessor, but most sequels can't claim that they are. I found Dan's dreams annoying and eventually I just started skipping them.

In the book, Dan and Abby are supposed to be dating but there are just some moments where I forgot they were even in a relationship. There were no nice moments between them in Sanctum like their date in Asylum. Speaking of relationships, I really hope Jorden gets a boyfriend in Catacomb. He's been through so much between the crazy near-death experiences and having to deal with Dan.

Other than that, Madeline Roux crafted an amazing mystery that kept me hooked. At every turn, something new and exciting was revealed. I felt like I never really knew where the story was going. There were so many twists and turns.

Page count: 347 pages

Published: August 26, 2014

Genre: horror, mystery

Series: Asylum book 2

My rating: 3 stars

Buy this book!


~ ~ ~

Also by Madeline Roux:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta