Asylum by Madeleine Roux

Daniel Crawford is spending the summer doing the New Hampshire College Prep program (NHCP). NHCP is the chance of a lifetime. When Dan arrives he finds out that the normal dorms are closed and the students are forced to stay in the Brookline Dorm, which was formally a psychiatric hospital. In other words, Dan is staying in an insane asylum. At Brookline, Dan ends up meeting Abby and Jordan. Together the three discover secrets that will change their lives forever.

I loved Asylum. It was such a great book. The plot was constructed so well and I didn't see that ending coming at all! Everything wrapped up so nicely in the end and there were no loose strings. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I thought this book was going to be a little scary. It was still a pretty creepy book though. There were definitely times where my heart was beating faster than normal. 

Dan was a pretty good main character. The only part of him that I didn't like was that he could get so jealous around other guys. There were times where guys would come up to his friend Abby and he would instantly be so rude to them. The first time he met Jorden- who was obviously gay from the moment he arrived in the book- he got so jealous that he was close with Abby. It just got annoying!

Abby and Jorden were pretty cool characters. Abby was pretty kick-ass and headstrong. I really liked her and Dan but I never got too invested in their relationship. Jorden on the other hand was probably the only reasonable character in this book. He kept his head and didn't run off doing crazy things.

At every turn, I felt like I was discovered something new. There were so many moments where I got so into this book, I just forgot everything around me. Needless to say, I didn't want to stop reading Asylum even for a moment.

I think the cover of this book fits the story so well. It has the same spooky elements that Asylum had. I can't wait to start the sequel, Sanctum, so I'm probably going to start reading that now!

Page count: 317 pages

Published: Agust 20, 2013

Genre: horror

Series: Asylum book 1

My rating: 5 stars

Buy this book!

~ ~ ~

Also by Madeliene Roux:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta