Scythe by Neal Shusterman

There is no hunger. No poverty. No disease. No death. The human race has conquered all of that. In a world with no problems, Scythes have the job of killing people. Rowan and Citra are both apprenticed to a Scythe. Neither one wants to kill for a living, but they have no choice but to accept. They soon learn not only are their more sinister things going on behind the scenes but failure could mean the end of their life.

I love Scythe! I was surprised by how good this book was! The plot kept surprising me over and over again. I thought it would go in one direction than BAM! Something completely unexpected happens.

As for the characters, I loved them. I cared so much for all of them (except Goddard- I hate him- but that's not really important right now). There was a very settle romance between Citra and Rowan and I hope I get to see more of that in the next book. 

I know that this book was so hyped and I stand by that hype! Am I a little late? Yes, yes I am. But I was sucked right into this bool. I never wanted to stop reading. The concept was so intriguing and super unique too. Last thing I have to say: where do I get myself a scythe rob? Those things look so freaking cool.

Page Count: 435 pages

Published: November 22, 2016

Genre: Dystopian

Series: Scythe book 1

My Rating: 5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta