Recent Reads

The Mall by Megan McCafferty   Recent Reads is a post where I go through all the books I've read recently(the past 2-3 weeks). This will be a very relaxed post where I share my thoughts on the books I've read recently. I also talk about anything else bookish that is going on. I've loved a lot of them of the books in this post so let's start.

Recent Reads

The Mall by Megan McCafferty
   The Mall was an ARC I received. I've read the Jessica Darlings IT List series by Megan McCafferty so that alone piqued my interest in this book. The Mall comes out in June.

Words on Fire by Jennifer A. Neilsen
   Words on Fire reminded me a lot of The Book Theif by Markus Zusak. I had some mixed feelings about this book but for the most part, I liked it.

The Mother Goose Diaries by Chris Colfer
   This was the first book I read for the Stay At Home Reading Rush. The Mother Goose Diaries were full of humor. This was also a reread and I think I loved it even more the second time.

Queen Red Riding Hoods Guide to Royalty by Chris Colfer
Amazon.com: Pride (9780062564047): Zoboi, Ibi: Books   Queen Red Riding Hoods Guide to Royalty was another reread. Both this one and the last book are the companion novels to the Land of Stories series.

Pride by Ibi Zoboi
   Pride was the first audiobook I listened to on Libby (more on that later). Pride was a Pride and Prejudice retelling and I loved it!

Winterhouse by Ben Guston
   Winterhouse is the last book I read for the Stay At Home Reading Rush. I enjoyed this book- kind of. It was hard to get into and the mystery could have been better.

The Modern Faerie Tales by Holly Black
   The Modern Faerie Tales was three books in one. I read Tithe, Valiant, and Ironside. I loved Tithe and Ironside but I hated Valiant. 

The Elephant's Girl by Celesta Rimington
   I finished this book two days ago. The Elephants Girl was a cute book and also an ARC. This book comes out next month in May.

What I'm Reading Right Now

Amazon.com: Love & Luck (9781534401006): Welch, Jenna Evans: BooksLove & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch
   I loved Jenna's first book, Love & Gelato. In this book, we follow Addie who is taking a trip to Ireland. I'm 50 pages in and loving this book!

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
   I'm finally getting around to reading Harry Potter. I'm listening to the audiobook right now. I'm almost six hours in and it better than I was expecting. Compared to the books, the movies suck. 

The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
   Usually, I hate books when I have to read them for class. I started out disliking the book, but I love it now. The only downside is I can't pick up this book whenever I want to start reading.

What I'll Read Next

Amazon.com: The Beholder (9780062845429): Bright, Anna: Books   I think my next read will probably be either Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly or The Beholder by Anna Bright.

Audiobooks/Libby

   I recently got into reading audiobooks. I've been using Libby which is totally free. Libby is linked to my library so I can get thousands of ebooks and audiobooks for free. So far I've read Pride and I'm listening to Harry Potter right now. Some books that I plan to listen to are The Unwanteds, Cinder, and The Night Circus.

The Reading Rush

  After participating in the Stay At Home Reading Rush, I plan to do more. I finished the OWLs Readathon last week. I'll participate in the Reading Rush in June and the NEWTs in August. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta