Mid Year Freak Out Book Tag... Except It Really Isn't Mid Year Anymore

  Let me start off by saying yes, I know it isn't mid-year anymore but I'm still doing this anyway. So here we go!

What is the best book that you've read so far in 2019? 
Image result for the land of stories  The Land of Stories: Worlds Collide by Chris Colfer. Worlds Collide is the 6th and final book in The Land of Stories series. I LOVE this book series SO MUCH! I can't wait to reread this series and for the movie of the first book to come out!  
Image result for the elite

What has been your favorite sequel of the first half of the year? 
  This question is so hard to answer since I read multiple series this year, but I think I might have to choose The Elite form The Selection series by Keira Cass. 

Is there a new release that you've haven't read yet but your really excited for? 
Image result for the magic misfits series  I love the first book in The Magic Misfits series by Neil Pattrick Haris so I would have to go with the third book the was released at some point this year. I also have to read the second book in the series too. 

What is your most anticipated release for the second half of the year? 
Image result for the land of stories  Definitely A Tale of Magic. This book comes out in FIVE DAYS AND I CAN'T WAIT! This is a new series by my favorite author, Chris Colfer. This book is set in The Land of Stories universe and I hope that we get to see more of Alex and Conner Bailey. 

Image result for a series of unfortunate events book 1What is your biggest disappointment so far this year?
  I'm sad to say A Series of Unfortunate Events (Books 1-3) by Lemony Snicket. I went into these books with really high hopes and I would still give this book 4 out of 5 stars. I really loved the TV show and thought we'd get to see more of Sunny's sassy personality but that just didn't happen. This book wasn't a total disappointment though. 
Image result for orphan island book Another book I was debating on saying for this question was The Giver by Lois Lowery. I had to read this book last school year for reading class. It was probably the worst book I read during 2019. I hated this book so much. 
Image result for the selection series
What is your biggest surprise so far? 
   Orphan Island by Laurel Snyder. I picked this book in the store because nothing else was really interesting to me and the cover was pretty. I thought the book would be a little slow but I loved it! 

What is your favorite new to you, or debut, author?
  One author that is new to me is Kiera Cass. I love The Selection series.  

Who is your favorite fictional crush this year? 
  Probably Prince Corwin from Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett. I just loved this one so much and my heart fluttered every time he interacted with Kate. 
Image result for onyx and ivory bookImage result for sea witch  I also really loved Prince Maxon from The Selection series (can you tell I have an obsession yet?). I loved Maxon way more than Aspen ***SPOLIER ALERT: SKIP THE REST OF THIS SECTION SO NOTHING IS SPOILED FOR YOU*** and was so happy America chose him. 

Who is your new favorite character?
Image result for struck by lightning book  Evie from Sea Witch by Sarah Henning is definitely on up there. I loved this book! I just finished it three days ago too. 

A book that made you cry?
  So there were two books in the last few years that made me cry- and they were both in 2019. First, we have The Land of Stories: Worlds Collide which made cry tears of sadness and joy, yes I cried at two different parts. And I also cried during the ending of Struck by Lightning also by Chris Colfer. 
Image result for the land of stories
A book that made you happy?
Image result for a series of unfortunate events I loved the Adventures form The Land of Stories mini-series by Chris Colfer. There are two books in this series, Queen Red Riding Hoods Guide to Royalty and The Mother Goose Diaries, are so funny!

Your favorite book to movie/TV show that you've seen so far? 
  My favorite show to watch is definitely A Series of Unfortunate Events which were originally books by Lemony Snicket. 

What is your favorite post that you've written so far this year?
Image result for mistress of all evil inside cover  I love The Selection posts I did. I felt like I had so much to talk about and I know that there are more posts for this series on the way! 
Image result for red queen
What is the most beautiful book you have bought? 
  I love the cover of Misstress of All Evil by Serena Valentino. The inside cover is so cool! I love the dragon. (That is the best picture I could find, but trust me the dragon is amazing). 

What are 6 books you want to read by the end of the year? 
    Image result for the book thief
  1. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
  2. The Book Theif by Markus Zusak
  3. The Modern Faerie Tales by Holly Black
  4. Mistress of All Evil by Serena Valentino 
  5. Mother Knows Best by Serena Valentino 
  6. The Strangers by Margaret Peterson Haddix





Related image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta