Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker & Wendy Xu

Nova knows more about witchcraft than just about anyone her age. She spends her days working at her grandmothers' bookshop where she sells spell books and investigates the supernatural. One night, she catches wind of a white wolf. What Nova finds is her old childhood crush Tam, battling a horse demon. Tam is a werewolf who has been wandering from place to place for years, unable to find a home. Tam has no choice but to turn to Nova for help against the dark forces pursuing her.

The art in this book was amazing! I think it was so cute. The graphic novel as a whole was adorable. The characters felt so real! I saw so much of myself in Nova and I could definitely see similarities between Tem and one of my friends.

Tam and Nova were such a cute couple and I loved their relationship. I loved Mooncakes so much and was able to complete it in a single sitting. This book is quick and perfect for getting out of a reading slump. This is definitely something I would go back and reread. 

Page Count: 256 pages

Published: October 22, 2019

Genre: Fantasy

My Rating: 5 stars


Also by Wendy Xu:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta