Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Katniss and Peeta descend on their victory tour. The Hunger Games are finally over. But then, they are not. When the Quarter Quell is announced, they find that they will be the victims of yet another Hunger Games. Each district will send two previous victors into the arena for Panem's 75th Annual Hunger Games. To make things even worse, President Snow is after Katniss. He will not rest until she's dead. And she won't rest until she lights the world on fire. 

I love Katniss and Peeta! They belong together! So I know that there is supposed to be a love triangle between Gale and Peeta, but it's not that great. Yeah, Gale and Katniss had one kiss but that's it! There is nothing- NOTHING that would ever make me want to give Gale a fighting chance in this battle. Without a doubt, I would say that Peeta is superior in every way. 

In my review for The Hunger Games, I mentioned that the book was kinda disturbing. I was expecting the same for Catching Fire but the gore was toned down a bit. And once again, I think Catching Fire had an accurate movie adaptation.

Page Count: 391 pages

Published: September 1, 2009

Genre: Dystopian

Series: The Hunger Games book 2

My Rating: 4 stars

Buy this book

~ ~ ~

Also by Suzanne Collins:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta