Dread Nation by Justina Ireland

 Jane McKneene was born a few days before the dead began to rise. After the Civil War, zombies took over the planet. Humans live in fear of the plague. Thanks to the Native and Negro Reeducation Act, Jane attends a school that teaches her how to fight off and kill the zombies. When families around Baltiom go missing without a trace, Jane and her friend Kate discover a terrible conspiracy that will change her life forever.

If there's one thing this book made me realize, it's that I'm in deep shit once the zombie apocalypse begins. There was so much excitement in this story. I think I lost count of how many thrilling fight scenes there were.

There are some books that you know, from the very beginning, that you will finish the series. Dread Nation is one of those books. I'm determined to finish this series. I loved this book from the very beginning.

Jane was such a badass. I think it was interesting how each chapter began with a letter from either Jane or her mother. This gave us such a sweet look into their relationship which isn't really explored much during the book.

It's also worth mentioning that this cover is just WOW!

Page Count: 455 pages

Published: April 3, 2018

Genre: Historical Fiction

Series: Dread Nation book 1

My Rating: 4 stars


~ ~ ~

Also by Justina Ireland:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta