The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

Jude has been living in Faerie ever since she was seven. Living with the man who murdered her parents, it is understandable that Jude's life is terrifying. SHe wants to be something more than a mortal. She wants to be someone powerful. When Prince Dian hires her as a spy, she knows that her time has come. Jude finally gets the chance for power, for victory.
    Oh yeah, there's also this prince who's a huge jerk. Why is Carden important? He's the love interest. Er, that's not the right word. There's definitely a spark between him and Jude but no love. Not yet. Carden really doesn't have any purpose in this story though.
    I wasn't really sure where the plot of this whole book was going since for the first half Jude just wanted to be a knight. After becoming a spy she finds out some evil plot and that's pretty much it.
    At first, I didn't really like The Cruel Prince. Not gonna lie, I thought about DNFing this audiobook once or twice, I'm happy that I kept reading though because OH MY GOSH I WANT THE SEQUEL! We got some HUGE twists as the story continued and I really want to see what's next for Jude and Carden.
    I had such strong feelings for these characters. At one moment I thought Jude's twin sister, Tarren, was so sweet but the next I hated her guts. I was rooting for Jude all the way in that duel between the two. I was so in love with Lock too but then he pulled a you-know-who-from-Red-Queen and BROKE MY HEART!

Page Count: 370 pages
Published: January 2, 2018
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Folk of Air book 1
My Rating: 3 stars
Buy this book

~ ~ ~

Other books by Holly Black:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta