The Queen's Assassin by Melissa de la Cruz

Shadow has always wanted to be part of the Guild. She's been training her whole life to become a skilled fighter. Caldon is the kingdoms deadliest weapon. Bound by an oath made long ago, he serves as the Queen's Assassin. He won't be free from her will until he can recover the Deian Scrolls. When the two cross paths, Shadow convinces Cal that the Queen sent her to be his apprentice. As the two grow closer, they start to uncover a shocking web of lies.
    I heard so many good things about this book, I just had to read it! After loving the Alex & Eliza Trilogy, I was so excited for Melissa de la Cruz's next book and I wasn't let down! The Queen's Assassin was thrilling at every turn.
    I loved Cal and Shadow as a couple. I spent the first half of the book just waiting for them to kiss! By the end of the book, they were so in love and it was adorable!
    The plot of this book was always moving forwards which I liked. There never seemed to be a dull or slow moment. Not to mention we got some great plot twists! I loved the ending of The Queen's Assassin and I can't wait for the sequel to come out next March!

Page Count: 384 pages
Published: February 4, 2020
Genre: Fantasy
Series: The Queen's Secret book 1
My Rating: 4 stars
Buy this book!

~ ~ ~

More books by Melissa de la Cruz:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta