Jessica Darling's IT List by Megan McCafferty

Jessica Darling's It List: The (Totally Not) Guaranteed Guide to Popularity, Prettiness & Perfection  Before Jessica Darling started 7th grade, her sister, Bethany, gave her the IT List: the guaranteed guide to popularity, prettiness, and perfection. Bethany was the most popular girl when she was in school, and now, everyone expects Jessica to live up to her sister's legacy. The IT List consists of these four rules:

  1. Wear something different every day
  2. Make the CHEER TEAM!!!
  3. Pick your first boyfriend wisely
  4. Stick with the IT clique
  Jessica takes her sister's words of wisdom to heart. As she enters her first day of school, Jessica finds that her best friend had left her for popularity. But as Jessica learns to navigate Pineville Juinor High, she finds the IT List is nothing more than a silly list- a silly list that changes her life for the better. 
  This book is full of sarcastic humor that can only come from Megan McCafferty. The book was short, funny, and light-hearted. I loved it! I haven't read the original Jessica Darling series but I fell in love with Jessica and all her friends in this book. 
  I watched the movie first (I know, I'm a monster!) on Netflix and a few years ago. That's how I found out about these books. I actually liked the movie so much, I made my brother watch it with me once when we were in a hotel. He loved it so much (even though he denies it) he watched multiple times in the weeks following. He wanted to read the series too until he realized he would probably get made fun of for doing so. I have read (and loved) all three books in this series. It has been a year or two since I read the books so this review will be kept short.
  Megan McCafferty has a new book coming out in June. I was lucky enough to get the ARC (thanks R.J. Julia!) and The Mall is just amazing! A review is coming out in a few weeks so stay tuned!

Page Count: 223 pages (Hardcover)
Published: September 3, 2013
My Rating: 5 stars
Series: Jessica Darling's IT List 1
Genre: Contemporary

Movie trailer:


~~~~
Other books by Megan McCafferty

  • The Mall
  • Jessica Darlings IT List 2
  • Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

    Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

    Bloom by Kevin Panetta