Recent Reads

  I am so bored so I'm going to use this post today as a little talk time. I'll talk about the recent books I've read, upcoming reads, and anything else I can think of.

Image result for forged in fire and stars Recent Reads

  I've read many books since quarantine started and I am going to recap them all. So these are all the books I've read from Friday the 13th to the present day. All these books have reviews coming soon.

Number 1: Forged in Fire and Stars by Andrea Roberston
  Forged in Fire and Stars was one of the books I got at book club this month so of course, its an ARC. Forged in Fire and Stars comes out in May.

Number 2: All Together Now by Hope Larson
  Yet another ARC! This book is a graphic novel so I will review this on Graphic Novel Wednesday. This one was pretty good.
Image result for happily ever after kiera cass
Number 3: Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass
  If you've been following me for a while (or if you sew the page for The Selection), you know that I am a HUGE Kiera Cass fan. After reading The Betrothed, I was in a Kiegra Cass hangover and figured it was the perfect time to read this.

Number 4: Alex & Eliza by Melissa de la Cruz
  ALEXANDER HAMILTON, MY NAME IS- i have a problem... I have a really big obsession with he musical and yeah it's TOTALLY healthy... not really. I have the full trilogy and I'm going to be starting the next book soon. 

Number 5: Orphan Monster Spy by Matt Killeen
  I just finished this one yesterday and it was okay. The story was really slow, but I think the main reason I didn't enjoy this book was that I had to read it for school.

What I'm Reading Now

Number 1: The Magic Misfits: The Second Story by Neil Pattrick Harris
  I just did a mini-review of book 1 so to see their click here.

Number 2: The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare 
  I'm reading this book for class so I went into it with pretty low standards. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Image result for love & warWhat I Will Read Next (Maybe)

My next book will be Love & War by Melissa de la Cruz. Love & War is the second book in the Alex & Eliza trilogy.

Random Thoughts

  So I'm thinking about doing a Recent Reads more often, but I'm not sure yet.

  I want to take a moment to talk about reading books for class. I've noticed over the years that I love reading during class but not for class. What I mean by that is that if I'm reading a book for my own pleasure than I enjoy it so much (need proof? Take my blog for example). However, if I have to read a book for class, I never enjoy it. I always give personal books an average to 4-5 stars while books for school typically give 1-2 stars- 3 at the most. How does reading for school effect you? I'm curious to know because sometimes, it's just me that hates the book.

  I have so many more posts coming soon. Since I am stuck in quartine, I've been writing a draft for at LEAST one post a day. I've been scheduling the posts for weeks to come. I can't think of anything else to say so I'm going to go read for an hour before bed.

OH WAIT! DON'T GO YET! Big blog news! I'm getting a logo for my blog! I'm so excited. I'm currently in the design process so more news on that is yet to come. 

  Okay, you may go now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta