The Dragonet Prochecy by Tui T. Sutherland

 Clay and his friends have never seen the outside world before. They are part of a prophecy that is predicted to save the Sandlands from total war and destruction. When Clay finally does escape the cave, he finds himself in more trouble than he thought he would. He and his friends have been taken captive by the evil Queen Scarlet.

Out of the five main dragons featured in this book, Clay was probably my least favorite. He was so positive all the time but not in the cute way Sunny was. Clay was immature and annoying.

On the other hand, my favorite dragon in the book was Starflight. He was calm the whole time and I think I just related to his personality the most. He was pretty serious the whole time which was a welcome break compared to all the other dragons who shared the same excitable personality.

While on the topic of characters, none of them were very dynamic. Even Clay, who was the many characters, was static. He spends the whole book focused on two things: finding his family and the prophecy. When Clay does finally reach his goals, he's no different than he was at the beginning of the book.

You know, I'm starting to think I just don't like books with dragons. I mean, the creatures are cool and all. Who doesn't love a fire-breathing beast? But looking back on how I felt about Eragon and Eldest combined with my thoughts on this one, I think it's clear that I'm not a fan of dragon books.

Also, the fact that this book is marked as YA on Goodreads is just ridiculous. It read way too young to be a young adult book. Sure there was some blood and gore but it wasn't even that much. There was nothing in this book that could possibly be considered YA. It is just as absurd as Harry Potter or Percy Jackson being classified as YA.

Page count: 336 pages
Published: July 1, 2012
Genre: fantasy
Series: Wings of Fire book 1
My rating: 3 stars
Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta