Sadie by Courtney Summers

 Sadie couldn't handle it when Mattie died. That's when she went missing. Now, West McCray is producing a new podcast called The Girls. At first, he doesn't want to do the show. Girls go missing all the time. Why would there be anything special about Sadie? When West finally does travel to the small town of Cold Creek, he's determined to find out what actually happened to Sadie.

Wow. Sadie was really hard to digest. I feel like this one will be one that sticks with me for a while. I'm not going to say I enjoyed Sadie because it's not the type of book one would enjoy reading. I could never imagine going through the same types of things Sadie went through. It's something that no girl should have to face.

Still, all those troubling instances didn't stop this book from being gripping. I read Sadie within two days. I started it Saturday afternoon and finished Sunday night. I couldn't stop reading. It wasn't just addictive because I wanted to know what happened to this missing girl and her murdered sister. It was addictive because the things that happened stuck with me. At every turn, I was too worried for Sadie to leave her alone. I didn't want these horrible things to happen to her.

I cared about Sadie so much. It's crazy that in less than 300 pages Courtney Summers made Sadie feel real. I've read lots of books and loved lots of characters, but none of them compare to Sadie. There were so many parts to her. She was kind, but also tough. She was definitely someone I would categorize as morally grey.

I liked that half of the book was set up as a podcast. It was a cool format and I've never read something like that before. It provided an extra look into Sadie's story. The podcast didn't just provide more background to Sadie, but also characters such as Claire (Sadie's mom) and West who narrated the podcast.

Page count: 308 pages
Published: September 4, 2018
Genre: Mystery/thriller
My rating: 5 stars
Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta