The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

 Le Cirque de Reves arrives without warning. It is a wonderland of imagination with all kinds of illusions. But what people don't know about the circus is there more going on backstage. Celia and Marco have been trained since childhood to compete in a magical duel. With the circus as their arena, the two battle in a game of imagination. With no knowledge of how to stop the game, the two can't help but fall for each other.

There's also this kid Bailey but he doesn't hold any importance at all until the last few pages of the book. Really? Why was he even there?

My expectations for The Night Circus were very high. In reality, I was super disappointed. The Night Circus wasn't at all like I expected. I thought it would be very whimsical and light when instead it was slow and a little confusing. Scratch that it was very confusing. Stuff would happen and it would take a while to explain or some stuff wouldn't get explanations at all.

As for Marco and Celia's relationship, I couldn't care less. They fell instantly in love and there wasn't anything that made me like their relationship. As for the characters individually, I didn't love them either. I also consider DNFing this book multiple times. 

So I know it sounds like I have nothing good to say about The Night Circus, but that's not true. I actually really enjoyed the beginning of the book. I also liked the music for the audiobook. I thought it fit the setting nicely. 

Page Count: 381 pages

Published: September 13, 2011

Genre: fantasy

My Rating: 2 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta