A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson

 Everyone in Fairview knows the story. Andie Bell was murdered by her boyfriend, Sal Singh, who then killed himself. Everyone in Fairview knows Sal is guilty, but Pipa Fitz-Amobi isn't so sure he's guilty. When she chooses to study the case for a school project, Pip starts to uncover shocking secrets about the people in her small town.

This was such a good book! The audiobook for A Good Girl's Guide to Murder was amazing! I loved the full cast for each of Pip's recordings. The book also had a lot of great features in it such as maps and diagrams. I also liked Pippa's various journal entries sprinkled throughout the book.

Though this is Holly Jackson's first book, it doesn't read like a debut. The mystery was structured so well. Especially since there were so many things going on. There were so many moving pieces in this story and Holly Jackson wrapped it up so nicely in the end.

This book had me hooked from the beginning. A Good Girl's Guide to Murder was insanely addictive. It was pretty fast-paced and the mystery was easy to follow.

 I always love a good whodunnit, but wow, this one was good. The big reveal of who murdered Andie Bell was shocking! Even more shocking were the events that followed. 10 out of 10 for the plot twists. I loved each of the clues she discovered were constantly building onto each other.

The characters were my favorite part of the story. Pippa had such a dry sense of humor and I loved that! She was so clever. I loved that Pippa was so determined when trying to solve the mystery of Andie's murder.   Ravi was also so sweet.

Page count: 390 pages

Published: February 4, 2020

Genre: mystery

Series: A Good Girl's Guide to Murder book 1

My rating: 4 stars

Trigger warnings: murder, death of a pet

Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta