Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan

 Nyda can talk to gods. Malachaisz is a monster with secrets to hide. Serefin is the high prince. The three couldn't be more different, but the fate of their world rests in their hands. To stop a war, they have to assassinate a king.

I can't begin to describe how disappointed I was by this book. I was so excited to read Wicked Saints. I've heard nothing but praise and good things about it. The cover was gorgeous and the book even had deckled edges. I thought I would love this book but I couldn't have been more wrong. 

The beginning was really confusing. Most of the book was dull and boring. The world-building wasn't very good. The magic system could also be really confusing at times. Emily A. Duncan created a whole new language for this book and there were no translations. At all.  I found that really annoying.

For the most part, the characters were dull too. For the first half, they all had no emotional drive. I didn't like Serefin very much. Nadya and Malachaisz weren't much better, but there were some moments between them I liked.

I would have DNFed this book if not for two reasons. First, I already had the sequel (bought them together). That was a mistake. I'm planning to just listen to the audiobook for Ruthless Gods. Second, Nadya and Malachaisz had such a cute relationship. They were so tough on the surface but when they were together, they were adorable! Their romance was the main reason I kept reading.

Page Count: 385 pages

Published: April 2, 2019

Genre: fantasy

Series: Something Dark and Holy book 1

My rating: 2.5 stars

Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta