This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

 August Flynn wants more than anything to be human. But he is a monster, a Suni to be exact. He uses his music to bring people to their knees. Kate is the daughter of the most powerful man in V-City. For the first time in years, Kate Harker is back in V-City, attending high school with the rest of the teens in Verity. She starts to notice odd things about her classmate.

At the time of reading This Savage Song(last November), I was going through books really slowly. I read this book in four days. This Savage Song really captured my attention. I couldn't put it down. I had read more in those four days than I did in a week.

I know that Kate and August are supposed to fall for each other, but there was really no romantic moments. There was barely any romantic tension between them. I did not ship these two characters. I liked them both individually but not together. I also found that I didn't love the characters as much as I usually do.

I liked them, but I didn't love them. It seemed like not much happened in this book as I was reading because the events transitioned so well. I still would continue with this duology though because I am excited to see what happens in Our Dark Duet.

Page Count: 480 pages

Published: May 12, 2020

Genre: Fantasy, Dystopian

Series: Monsters of Verity book 1

My Rating: 3 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta