A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro

 The last place Jamie Watson wants to be is at Sherringford, a boarding school in Connecticut. However, things seem to get more interesting when he meets Charlotte Holmes, the famous detective's great-great-great-granddaughter. She's not only inherited Sherlock's intelligence but his love of solving crimes too. When a student at Sherringford is suspiciously murdered, blame is instantly placed on Charlotte and Jamie. Together, the two will have to work tirelessly to clear their names and solve this mystery before it is too late.

I am such a huge fan of both the original Sherlock Holmes series and the BBC show Sherlock so naturally, I had to read A Study in Charlotte. This book was great! I need the sequel now! I can't believe I've heard anything about the Charlotte Holmes series. This book definitely deserves more hype. 

A Study in Charlotte quite literally had me holding my breath. This was such a great mystery and I didn't see that ending coming! I totally missed all of the clues and hints, but everything came together so well in the end.

Jamie and Charlotte worked so well together. I think Jamie helped balance out Charlotte's rude and arrogant manner perfectly! Not to mention they were adorable together as a couple. I thought the concept of Jamie and Charlotte being the decedents of the famous duo was so cool.

The only part of this book that I didn't love was that the chapters were so long. Some would drag on for 50 pages. In 321 pages there were a total of 12 chapters. I'll be honest, when I saw the total number of chapters, my expectations dipped a bit because I hate long chapters. In the end, most of the chapters weren't too brutal in length. The story flowed really well so I barely noticed how long each chapter was.

Page count: 321 pages

Published: March 1, 2016

Genre: mystery

Series: Charlotte Holmes book 1

My rating: 4 stars

Buy this book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta