Dracula adapted by Russell Punter

 In Transylvania, evil lurks. Jonathan Harker goes to Dracula's castle on business, but he finds sinister creatures are occupying the space. A month later, Mina, Jonathan's finance, finds herself in a peculiar incident of her own. Her friend Lucy has been sleepwalking. Even worse, her blood has been disappearing and she has two strange bite marks on her neck.

By this point in time, Count Dracula has become a famous figure that almost every kid knows of. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting, but the story of Dracula was so much different than I imagined. Regardless of my expectations, I really liked this graphic novel. I definitely want to read the original story of Dracula

One of my favorite things about the Graphic Stories series is there is background information of the story provided in the back of the book. Like Alice in Wonderland, there was information about the inspiration for the original story and the author's life. The author also touched a little on the different adaptations of the novel that have been made over the years.

I found it particularly interesting that Bram Stoker's wife, Florance, had sued the company that made the first movie adaptation of Dracula. All versions of the film were destroyed save for a few lucky copies.

Another thing that I love about the Graphic Stories collection is that each graphic novel has a map! Maps in books are some of my favorite features so it just adds to how much I loved the book. Dracula contained a map of Europe with dotted trails of where the main cast of characters traveled.

Page Count: 104 pages

Published: November 14, 2017

Genre: classics, graphic novel

Series: Graphic Stories

My rating: 3 stars

Buy this book

~ ~ ~

Also adapted by Russell Punter:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta