To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

 In the small town of Maycomb, Alabama, Scout spends her summer days playing games with her older brother, Jem, and friend, Dill. Her father, Atticus, is a lawyer and when he takes on the case of Tom Robinson, things only become harder for Scout and Jem. They soon have to face the undeniable truth of racism in the south.

To Kill a Mockingbird was a beautiful novel. It's not hard to see why every high school in America requires you to read this book. Usually, books I have to read in school suck but To Kill a Mockingbird is something that I would have happily read on my own time.

For a classic novel, it was so interesting and the writing wasn't dull at all. I recently found out there was a sequel so I'll be read Go Set a Watchman hopefully soon. 

There are so many quotes in this novel I loved, one being "you never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."

Page count: 324 pages

Published: July 11, 1960

Genre: classic

Series: To Kill a Mockingbird book 1

My rating: 4 stars

Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta