Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

After being rescued from the 75th Hunger Games, Katniss is in District 13. The same district that was said to be destroyed many years ago during the uprising. While she, Bede, and Finnick recover from their recent scare, the Capital has hold of Joanna and Peeta. President Snow must die. A new rebellion is on its way and Katniss will be the face of it. She is the Mockingjay.

I've finally finished The Hunger Games trilogy. Mockingjay was definitely the longest out of the three books.

The first thing I'm going to talk about in this review is the love triangle. In my opinion, it was terrible. We got a glimpse of it in Catching Fire and there was a lot more "romance" in Mockingjay too. But there was nothing that even made me want to consider Gale as a choice for Katniss. Yeah, he had a crush on her but Peeta was so much better. There was a real connection between Katniss and Peeta.

I was really disappointed that Effie wasn't in this book. She was present for a chapter but that was it. I loved Effie so much and in the Mockingjay movies, she appeared much more. 

Page Count: 390 pages

Published: August 24, 2010

Genre: Dystopian

Series: The Hunger Games book 3

My Rating: 4 stars

Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta