Let's Book Talk: The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games was a wild ride and now that the series is over, there's so much that I want to gush about! So let's talk about The Hunger Games. As always, feel free to share your thoughts on the books in the comments below. Warning! There will be major spoilers for the book series!

The Love Triangle 

    The love triangle in this book sucked. I did not like it! I feel like it was poorly written. The whole time Katniss was obviously leaning towards Peeta. She had absolutely no romantic moments with Gale. I know they had a kiss but I feel like Katniss and Peeta had much better chemistry. I'm interested to know, did you like Gale or Peeta better?
    SERIOUSLY! WHO LIKES GALE BETTER? That dude it nothing- nothing- compared to Peeta. Peeta was sweet and charming and he protected Katniss during the games. Peeta was built so well as a character and I just didn't even care that Gale was even there half the time.
In my opinion, the love triangle in these books was horrible. There was nothing that would even make me want to chose Peeta over Gale. It kinda feels like Suzanne Collins stuffed that in there as a book filler. It wasn't needed and it wasn't even a good romance. Now if you want a good love triangle, I would check out The Selection.

Peeta

    I love Peeta! He was so sweet and caring. I ship him and Katniss. They were an adorable couple and I loved any moment we got with them. They were a cute couple. They had so many sweet moments! I am so happy that they ended up together! 
    His story about falling in love with Katniss the moment he saw her and giving her the bread was enough to rip my heart out. Peeta was amazing! He protected Katniss during the second games and did his best during the first. I think the two worked so well as a team. 

Prim's Death

    I found myself crying during Prim's death when I watched the movie. During the book, I was a little sad but this moment was tear-jerking. I wish we got to see more of Prim and I felt like we knew her better in the movies. 

The Movies

    Do I think the movies were a good adaptation? Ummmm... yes? And I use yes very lightly. I cried (balled my eyes out even) when Finnick died. I didn't feel as pained during the movie. 
But I do think that the movies did a better job of making the love triangle work. When talking about the movie, I could actually see someone choosing Gale over Peeta. Gale and Katniss had a much better relationship in the movies versus the book. That doesn't mean I like him though. Peeta is still better no matter what.

    Did you like The Hunger Games? What was your favorite book in the series? I think I probably liked the first book best. I'll be starting the prequel very soon and I'm very excited to read it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta