Geekerella by Ashley Poston

 Elle Wittmer has been a fan of Starfield for as long as she could remember. After her dad died when she was young, it felt like the only thing she had left of him. Now, she lives with her awful stepmother, Cathrine, and her two terrible daughters, Chloe and Cal. Darien Freeman is the famous actor from Seaside Cove. He finally lands his dream role of Prince Carmindor in the new Starfield reboot. Many of the fans think he won't be able to pull off the role, including Elle. As ElcesiCon gets closer and closer, Darin starts to think they're right and he's nothing more than a dumb heartthrob until he meets a girl who shows him otherwise.

Geekerella was so cute! I loved it so much! I was never a big fan of the original Cinderella story so this is definitely my favorite version of the story. I can't wait to read the sequel, The Princess the Fangirl.

I feel in love with Ashley Poston's characters. I felt so strongly for each one. I loved Elle and Darien not only as separate characters but as a couple too. They had such good chemistry and seemed to flow well together.

I hated Chloe and Cathrine. Like I physically could not stand these two. There were so many moments where I just wanted to hit them in the head with this book. Chloe was so stuck up and such a massive bitch.

I think the only characters I felt indifferent about were Gail and Cal. I felt a little bad for Cal but I she wasn't a character I liked because she went along with all of Chloe's evil plans.

My biggest complaint about Geekerella is that Darien talked about his abs way too much. This guy couldn't go a chapter without bringing them up and it was honestly really annoying. I probably would have given this book five stars instead of four if it wasn't so damn annoying.

Page count: 320 pages

Published: April 4, 2017

Genre: contemporary

Series: Once Upon a Con book 1

My rating: 4 stars

Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta