The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

Shortly after Mary Lennox moves to Misselthwaite, she finds a walled-in garden. With the help of Dickon, a boy who has the strange ability to charm animals, Mary is able to restore the garden to its former glory. The garden helps Mary get better and its secret powers help her sick cousin, Colin.

So I didn't know anything going into the book. I had no idea what the plot would be like or anything. Big mistake. I'm not sure why but, I thought that this was going to be a fantasy book. I was wrong. 

The Secret Garden was really good at first. Then it got a little boring, but the ending was pretty good. My attention level for this book was up and down. Frances's writing could get really dry at some points. 

Mary and Colin were such brats! It was so annoying how rude they were and even other characters commented on this. 

I am really excited to watch the new movie though! That was probably my main reason for picking up this book.

Page Count: 291 pages

Published: 1910

Genre: classics

My Rating: 3 stars

Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta