XOXO by Axie Oh

 Jenny is a cellist. She's always known what she's wanted to do in the future. After attending Manhatten Music School, she wants to become part of an orchestra. Jaewoo is a member of an up-and-coming k-pop group. When being together means throwing their dreams away, they have to decide if they're willing to risk everything to be together.

The South Korean setting of XOXO was beautiful. I've never been outside the US, but reading this book made me want to visit South Korea so badly. This soft, fluffy contemporary was just what I needed!

Jenny and Jaewoo were an adorable couple. I'm fully convinced that they were made for each other, which they kinda were. Their relationship worked so well together.

Jenny also had such great friends. Her friends weren't deep or anything but I still liked them.

XOXO tried to touch on a lot of topics and it tried to do a little too much. Bullying, stalkers, the loss of a parent, and so much more. None of the problems listed were resolved. Like at all. Jaewoo and Jenny seemed to just suppress any sadness they felt for their dead dads.

Pages count: 352 pages

Published: July 13, 2021

Genre: contemporary

My rating: 4 stars

Buy this book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta