The Sky Blues by Robbie Couch

 Sky is openly gay. Living in a small town, he's never been comfortable being himself around others. Sky decides to go full-throttle gay by asking out his crush, Ali Rashid, to prom. Sky has thirty days to put together the perfect promposal. When Sky's plans are leaked by an anonymous hacker in a homophobic e-blast. When his friends and classmates start to stand up for him, Sky starts to hunt down the hacker. But what will happen at the end of the thirty days? Will Sky keep his newfound confidence? Or will he go back to being invisible?

This was such an adorable book! Compared to a lot of other books I've read recently, I got so emotionally invested in this book. Since the very first page, I loved this book. The Sky Blues was an incredible debut and I'm definitely looking forward to reading more Robbie Couch books in the future.

I loved Sky. He was the cutest!  Sky is definitely one of those characters that I would love to be friends with in real life. He was so funny and relatable.

One thing that I loved about this book was the friendships. Sky's friends had his back the whole time and it was so sweet. I also liked that after finding out about the promposal plans, Ali, who isn't gay, wasn't freaked out at all. Ali even reached out to Sky after his very public humiliation which I think is just so sweet.

All the side characters had great story arcs. Every character in this book seemed to grow so much by the end of the story.

Needless to say, my first read of June has been a success!

Page Count: 328 pages

Published: April 6, 2021

Genre: contemporary

My rating: 5 stars

Buy this book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta