Love and Other Natural Disasters by Misa Sugiura

 Nozomi Nagai has the perfect summer planned out. She has an internship at a museum in San Fransico. To make things better, she meets Willow who is beautiful, glamorous, and... heartbroken. When Willow asks Nozomi to fake date her to make her ex jealous, Nozomi says yes without a second thought. Nozomi has a plan of her own. If Nozomi could make Willow fall in love with her, then they wouldn't be fake dating anymore. But her lies start to pile up and Nozomi's genius plan takes a turn for the worst.

Love and Other Natural Disasters included so many tropes and honestly, I loved them all. This rom-com included the fake dating trope, love triangles, and so much more! This book was cute, fluffy, and so diverse!

I loved Nozomi! She was so quirky and relatable. Her endless search for love was definitely entertaining, to say the least. I also really liked Dela. For a side character who seemed pretty minor for the first half of the story, she had a lot of great character development.

I really think Nozomi should have listened to her brother, Max, more. Max actually ended up reminding me a lot of myself. His endless picking on Nozomi reminded me a lot of my relationship with my younger brothers. Also like Max, bringing my sibling back to reality is something I do almost daily.

I thought Willow was such a toxic character! I wasn't rooting for her and Nozomi at all. I hated how Willow made Nozomi feel like she had to change herself. I hated that when everything started to fall apart, she blamed it all on Nozomi. Willow couldn't go two pages without talking about Arden (her ex).

Page count: 341 pages

Published: June 8, 2021

Genre: contemporary

My rating: 4 stars

Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta