Let's Book Talk: Red Queen

After two years, I finally finished the Red Queen series. I can't even begin to describe how amazing it was. I loved the ombre effect the covers made among many other parts of the serues, I have so many thoughts that I can't put in a regular spoiler free review so beware that there are major spoilers for all five books in this seires.

Cal vs Maven

One of my favoirte tropes is a love trangle. I know it's a little unpopular, but I can't help but love it sometimes. A well done love triangle is somthing that keeps me captured within a book.

While I'm team Maven all the way, there were some moments between Mare and Cal where I couldn't help by this awwwww. Cal cared about Mare a lot but it was that final betrayl in King's Cage that made me hate this ship.

Also, after everything Cal and Mare went through in War Storm, I can't belive how their relationship ended. Mare spent the whole book complaining about how Cal chose the crown over her. When Cal finally did chose her, she left him. She finally got what she wanted only to throw it away.

Maven

Forget the Evil Queen, this evil king was truly worse. His story about Thomas was so touching, I really thought he was joining the Scarlet Gaurd for the greater good, but NOPE!

Mavens betrayl in Red  Queen completly caught me off guard. I was not prepared for that at all. I didn't even see it coming! I loved him so much and then! And then he did this to me! I felt the heart ache that Mare had. Despite his betrayal, I still loved him!

I really thought Maven would get redemption by the end of the book. After everything that happened in King's Cage, I felt so much pity for him. On top of that, his POV in War Storm was so raw and heartbreaking. I expected him to at least get a little redemntion. I didn't think they would actually kill him after all this.

And that's another thing! Victoria Aveyard didn't even write a death scene for Maven! If she was going to kill him, I would have preferred something dramatic. Instead it was just a simple conversation between Kilron and Mare. She just left it at "yup he's dead."

Evangeline

I hated Evangeline at first! But then I slowly start to love her and she became my favorite character. During King's Cage and War Storm, her POVs were my favorite. She and Elane were so cute together!

Shade

First, we find out Shade died in Red Queen. But then he came back to life and died AGAIN! I was half expecting him to reaper at the end of the series.

Mare

Mare was so annoying. She was fine through Red Queen, but then Glass Sword hit and everything went down hill for her. I think she was bitchy when she forced Cameron into joining the Scarlet Gaurd. Throughout War Storm, she was just plain annoying and I couldn't stand her POV half the time.

Kilron

I'm not going to lie, after book 1, I kinda forgot he was there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta