The Court of Miracles by Kester Grant

Nina is part of the Guild of Thieves.  Her midnight robberies were the only thing keeping her from meeting the same fate as her sister Azelma. When her adopted sister, Cosette (known as Ettie), catches the eye of the Tiger, the feared Lord of the Guild of Flesh. Nina becomes determined to keep Ettie safe before she can meet a fate worse than death. Their journey takes the girls from the darkest corners of the Miracle Court to the fabulous palace of King Louis XVII. Nina soon finds that saving her sister comes with a cost. If she goes through with her plans, Nina will set off a war between the guilds.

The Court of Miracles was amazing beyond words. I loved this book so much. It's definitely a new favorite. Of course, going into this book, I was expecting to like it. I just loved it so much more than I thought I would.

I loved Nina. She was either all in or all out and I thought that was amazing! She was so determined to save Ettie. If I had a big sister, I would want one just like Nina.

I didn't mention this before but The Court of Miracles is based on Les Mis. If your new to this blog, I am obsessed with the musical. The fact that Kester Grant kept all the names from the original book is amazing. Nina was short for Eponine. Grantaire, Joly, Enjorlas(!), and the rest of the students were all present as well as Javert and Jean Valjean. Kester Grant brought back all my favorite characters plus introduced me to many more.

In the original musical, I wasn't a huge fan of Cosette. I shipped Marius and Eponine, though, I think we can all agree that Eponine deserves better. I love Ettie! Kester Grant's version of the character was so sweet and innocent. It was impossible to hate her! Ettie is adorable.

As for the romance contained in this book, I enjoyed what little there was. Nina had some weird connection with the dupion (the prince of France). She also had A LOT of tension with Enjorlas. Ettie might as well been singing the tree song the way she squealed whenever they were together. I was right with Ettie, cheering on that romance. When it comes to the musical, I'm an Enjorlatire shipper. The Court of Miracles made me ship Enjorlas and Nina. They were so cute together.

While I'm talking about Enjorlas I need to point out how much I loved the chapter A Little Fall of Rain. When Enjorlas started singing the song, I cracked up.

I think Kester Grant nailed the personalities of the students. Grantaire and Enjorlas had banter that I thought fit perfectly for the characters.

I couldn't have asked for a better book. The Court of Miracles was truly amazing. This is a book I think everyone should read!

Page count: 464 pages

Published: June 2, 2020

Genre: fantasy

Series: The Court of Miracles book 1

My rating: 5 stars

Buy this book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta