Recent Reads

So far, May has been a great month. I've read some great books recently. I'm also starting to listen to audiobooks a bit more. Currently, I'm halfway through Caraval by Stephanie Garber which is simply stunning!

XOXO by Axie Oh

Dates read: May 3- May 4

I was so lucky to receive an ARC of this book. XOXO was so great! This book seemed to fly by. It was so cute and I loved every moment of it. Jenny and Jaewoo are such a cute couple!

Synopsis:

Jenny is a cellist. She's always known what she's wanted to do in the future. After attending Manhatten Music School, she wants to become part of an orchestra. Jaewoo is a member of an up-and-coming k-pop group. When being together means throwing their dreams away, they have to decide if they're willing to risk everything to be together.

Sign Me Forgotten by Jessica S. Olsen 

Dates read: May 6- May 7

Sing Me Forgotten is a gender-bent retelling of Phantom of the Opera. I really liked the first half of this book, but I found the second half really hard to focus on.

Synopsis:

Idsa has lived in the opera house her whole life. In exchange for shelter, she's supposed to stay in the shadows and not talk to anyone. One day, Idsa breaks that rule to talk to Emeric. His voice is unlike anything Idsa has ever heard and soon, she starts mentoring him. As Idsa spends more time with Emeric, her feelings for him start to grow. Soon, Idsa decides that it's time she takes control of her own destiny and break out of her gilded cage.

Little Women by Lousia May Alcott

Dates read: April 28- May 8

A year ago, before all this quarantine stuff, I went to the movie theatre with a friend to see Little Women. I loved the movie! It only took about a few weeks before I had gotten me hands on the book and about seven months before I actually read it.

Synopsis:

In the midst of the Civil War, four sisters are able to find happiness with each other. Jo is a tomboy and an inspiring author. Meg dreams of riches and comfort. Amy is the youngest sister and spoiled. Beth is sweet and just cares about everyone being happy.

The Elephant in the Room by Holly Goldberg Solan

Dates read: May 7- May 9

I expected to love The Elephant in the Room. It has everything I love in a middle-grade novel. Unfortunately, I found this book really boring.

Synopsis:

A year ago, Sila's mother was deported back to Turkey. The separation is impossible for Sila. Things start the change for her as she starts going to the outskirts of time with her father, a mechanic. She meets an old man named Gio. The new friendship leads to the rescue of a circus elephant named Veda. 

The Kingdom by Jess Rothenberg

Dates read: May 9- May 11

The Kingdom is one book I haven't heard a lot about. I loved it though! This book deserves way more hype than it was getting. I loved Ana. This book was so suspenseful. I didn't put it down because I wanted to know what happened next. I also loved that it was partly told through courtroom testimonies.

Synopsis:

In the Kingdom, happily ever after isn't just a promise. It's a rule. Ana is one of the Fantasists, engineered princesses designed to make dreams come true. When Ana meets Owen, she starts to experience emotions beyond her programming. Love. But her fairytale takes a turn as Ana is accused of murdering Owen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta