Take Me Home Tonight by Morgan Matson

 After her dad cancels on her birthday dinner, Stevie and her friend Kat choose to go to New York for the evening to see a show and have dinner at Josephine's. The only problem is that the two have no phones, family drama sets them on a journey across the city, and somehow they ended up with a pomeranian.

Take Me Home Tonight was so much better than I thought it was going to be. I first picked this up because the title reminded me of that song by Eddie Money. Once I read the synopsis though, this book became a priority for me to read. Theatre nerds getting lost in New York? What could be better? 

I read this book so much faster than I thought I would. Once I picked it up, I was hooked. Take Me Home Tonight was exactly the kind of light-hearted contemporary I needed right now.

I loved Kat and Stevie. There were so many sides to them and they were anything but dull. I think these two win the award for my favorite fictional friendship.

I liked the little bit of romance in this book and wish there was more. I fell in love with Cary instantly. If I had to choose a favorite moment, I would pick the scene where he and Kat are dancing. They are such a cute couple.

Then there were the "Meanwhile back in Connecticut" moments where I got to read about Kat and Stevie's friend Terri as she goes through the best babysitting adventure there is. Her little bits of the book was so much fun. 

From Canada to New York and back again, Take Me Home Tonight was wild wide that I would gladly go on again.

Page count: 416 pages

Published: May 4, 2021

Genre: contemporary

My rating: 5 stars

Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta