Hazel and Grey by Nic Stone

Hazel's stepfather is nothing but controlling. Forbin from seeing her boyfriend, Hazel defies him and spends the night with Grey anyway. When the two get lost in the woods, a large mansion looks inviting enough to spend the night in.
    Before I start talking about this book I just want to give out a quick trigger warning because there are some sensitive topics explored in the book.
    Hazel and Grey is great a book! I really liked both of the main characters and found their romance cute. I love the Faraway series! It's such a fun collection of novellas.  
    The only criticism I have is the narration kept jumping back and forth in time. One moment we would be at the mansion and then the next it would jump back to hours earlier. I have no problem with flashbacks I just think the book would have read much more smoothly if told in the 
    Nic Stone has been an author I've wanted to try for a while and I'm so happy I finally got the chance to read one of her books! I really want to read the Dear Martin series. After reading Hazel and Grey, I've been looking at even more of her books too.

Page count: 30 pages
Published: December 15, 2020
Genre: contempary
Series: Faraway book 2
My rating: 3 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta