Be More Chill: The Graphic Novel by Ned Vizzini

 Jeremy Heere couldn't be more than a loser. His hopeless crush on Christine seems to be getting nowhere. Then, Jeremy finds out about the Squip. The Squip is a super-computer pill that will help you be cool and chill. Thinking that it's the only way to make Christine like him, it buys it. But it isn't long until Jeremy discovers that there's a dark side to the Squip.

Be More Chill: The Graphic Novel is based on the Tony-nominated musical of the same name. I am obsessed with this musical so when I found out that there was a graphic novel, I was over the moon with excitement.

This graphic novel was amazing in every way- except one. The only thing I didn't like was that Christine was so different than in the musical. On Broadway, Christine was kind of a dork while she seemed really bitchy in the graphic novel.

Other than that, Be More Chill was great! There were so many references to the musical within the book and this is definitely something I would go back and pick up to get me out of a reading slump.

Page Count: 144 pages
Published: January 5, 2021
Genre: contemporary
My rating: 4 stars
Buy this book! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta