The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

Dorothy Gale lives in a dull, gray Kansas. After she and her dog Toto get swept up by a tornado, they are stunned to find themselves in Oz. Oz is a land of color and wonder. But Dorothy just wants to go home. And off she goes down the yellow brick road to find the wizard, the only person powerful enough to send her back to Kansas.
    The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is a timeless tale with many retellings. There have been books, movies, and even musicals based off of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. One thing I was surprised to find about this book is its part of a series. That's right! The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is the first in a fourteen book series. Yes, you read that right. FOURTEEN BOOKS! And I thought A Series of Unfortunate Events was long...
    Anyway, I grew up loving the movie adaptation: The Wizard of Oz. That's why I was so surprised to find that the lines "lions, and tigers, and bears, oh my!" and "there's no place like home" were never used in the book. These lines were so iconic that I couldn't believe they were nowhere in the book! 
    I like The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and it was a good book. I can see why it's a classic. I won't be continuing the series though. I can't even finish some three-book series let alone one with fourteen.

Page Count: 176 pages
Published: May 17, 1900
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Oz book 1
My Rating: 4 stars
Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta