The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton

Ponyboy is a Greaser. Getting blamed and jumped, his life is never perfect.  Not compared to the Socs who live carefree lives. The Socs idea of fun is beating up the Greasers. And Ponyboy knows what to expect from them until someone takes it too far. 
    I liked the characters in this novel. I think each of the Greasers was written beautifully. And there were so many sides to them it was like they never really knew the character until the end. As for the Socs, they started out as the villains but by the end, Cherry and Randy were super sweet.
    I think that it is so cool that S. E. Hinton was only sixteen when she wrote The Outsiders. You would have never have guessed someone her age could write such a fantastic book. It is truly stunning.
    The Outsiders is definitely one of the better books I've had to read for class. After reading this book, I really want to see the movie.

Page Count: 180 pages
Published: April 24, 1967
Genre: classic, contemporary
My Rating: 4 stars
Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta