Romanov by Nadine Brandes

 Anastasia "Nastya" Romanov has been exiled with her family. Surrounded by people who wanted her dead, Nastya tries to remain kind. She's been tasked with smuggling a hidden spell- one that could get her killed. The leader of the Bolshevik army hunting her. She'll have to release the spell if she wants to save her family. And her growing attraction to Zash doesn't help her either. Until he's on the firing squad, aiming his gun at her. 
    Romanov was interesting. There were some parts that were really confusing. Besides that though, I really liked this book. I find the story of Anastasia Romanov very interesting. The Romanov family ruled Russia for over three centuries which is just amazing. This disappearance of Anastaisa is a story that I've always liked looking into.
    Not much happened at the beginning of Romanov but it quickly turned into a thrilling adventure. I was actually really disappointed with the ending of the book. The story was so exciting and the last chapter just felt really slow.
    I really liked the characters in this book. Nastya was fun and I liked her relationship with Zash though the beginning felt quickly rushed. Alexei was adorable! I loved that little boy so much!

Page Count: 337 pages
Published: May 7, 2019
Genre: Historical Fiction, Fantasy
My Rating: 4 stars
Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta