December Book Haul!

 December is the month where everyone's giving gifts and I was fortunate enough to receive so many amazing books in December that I just can't wait to read!

The Glass Queen by Gena Showalter

    I've already finished this book and it was amazing! Thought I didn't love it as much as The Evil Queen, The Glass Queen was a really good book.
    Ashleigh was born with a weak heart. After being deemed unfit to rule, she's cast aside by her family and deemed the Glass Princess. One day, she's summoned by her father. Ashleigh learns that she's fated to be Cinderella. Ashleigh's not so sure Cinderellas who she's supposed to be. After falling deeply in love with an avion named Saxon, they find that they have bigger things to deal with when they find a phantom possessing Ashleigh's body. They'll need to free her before they can finally save Sevron.    

Part of Your World by Liz Braswell

    Ever since I was young, I've always loved The Little Mermaid. Ariel has always been one of my favorite princesses. I'm so excited to get to read Part of Your World. I loved Liz Braswells As Old as Time and Straight On Till Morning.
    What if Ariel had never defeated Ursula? Five years after the sea witch defeats the little mermaid, Ariel becomes the voiceless queen of Atlantica while Ursula takes over Prince Eric's kingdom. When Ariel discovers her father might still be alive, she returns to the human world. She finds out that Ursula had been plotting war on neighboring kingdoms.

Conceal, Don't Feel by Jen Calonita

    As of now, I've only ever read Liz Braswell's editions of the Twisted Tales series. I wanted to try one of Jen Calonita's takes on Disney.
    What if Anna and Elsa never knew each other? When a magical accident erases Anna and Elsa's memories of magic and each other, the two are separated. One day, Elsa becomes queen and mysterious magic begins to happen and questions of her past start to form.

Unbirthday by Liz Braswell

    It's no secret that one of my favorite movies is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. The story also happens to be one of my favorite classic novels. Ever since Unbirthday came out in October, I've been so excited to read it!
    What if Wonderland was in peril and Alice was very, very late? Alice is different from the other ladies in Kexford. And that couldn't bother her any less. She runs around town taking photos but when she develops the photos, she starts to see familiar faces in them. The Mad Hatter, the Queen of Hearts, and more from Wonderland. And one of the photos even asks for her help. She only has a short while to stop the Queen of Hearts and save both Wonderland and her world. 

Wicked Saints/Ruthless Gods by Emily A. Duncan

    Wicked Saints is just all around beautiful! Not only is the dust jacket gorgeous, but underneath is so pretty! The beauty that this book posses just makes me so much more excited to read it! I can't wait for this one!
    A girl who can speak to gods must save her people without destroying herself. A prince in danger must decide who to trust. A boy with a monstrous secret waits in the wings. Together, they must assassinate the king and stop the war. In a centuries-long war where beauty brutality meets, their three paths entwine in a shadowy world of spilled blood and mysterious saints, where a forbidden romance threatens to tip the scales between dark and light.

The Odd Sisters
/Evil Thing by Serena Valentino

    I feel like each book in this series keeps getting better and better! The last book I read, Mother Knows Best, was my favorite so far but I feel like that will change after I read The Odd Sisters and Evil Thing.
    Throughout the Villains series, the Odd Sisters have driven everyone to the brink of evil. As their meddling continues, their backstory finally gets revealed and their dark truths are uncovered. 
    Curella De Vil is known for her incredible fashion and her ability to frightened all people- and puppies for a long time. She's also cursed. Cruella has finally chosen to share her memoir.

Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott

    I saw the trailer for this book and instantly wanted to read the story. The movie looks so good but of course, I would have to read the book first.
    Stella Grant has a lung problem that has sent her in and out of the hospital. She needs to stay as far away from people- six feet at least. Will Newman just wants to get out of the hospital. He couldn't care less about his treatments. Will and Stella fall in love with each other and start to test the boundaries of their six feet limit. Maybe five feet wouldn't be so bad.

I'll Be the One by Lyla Lee

     One of my favorite types of music is K-Pop. Blackpink and BTS are some of my favorite bands. I think I'll Be the One sounds so interesting and I can't wait to read this music-themed rom-com. I also love the positive body message this book will have.
    Skye Shin has been told time and time again that fat girls shouldn't dance. Shouldn't war bright colors. Skye dreams of entering the world of K-Pop. To do that, she would have to break all the rules that society has set for her. She enters a televised competition looking for the next K-Pop star. And Skye is determined to be that star. Not even her computer, Henry Cho will stop her.

King's Cage/Broken Throne by Victoria Aveyard

    One fantasy series that I have yet to complete is the Red Queen series. Finally, I have the third book, King's Cage plus the novella collection. I really want to finish this series before Victoria Aveyard releases her next book, Realm Breaker.
    Mare Barrow is a prisoner, powerless to help the rebellion. She lives at the mercy of Maven Calore. Maven is now king and continues to spin a web of lies. As Mare is held captive in a palace of silent stone, the new-bloods are training, preparing for battle. Cal, the exiled prince, will stop at nothing to save Mare.

My Calamity Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, & Jodi Meadows

    I loved My Lady Jane and Plain Jane. I am so excited to read the third and final book in this series. These are such funny books and I laughed so much while reading the first two!
    The year is 1876. America's Wild West is bursting with gunslingers, cowboys, and outlaws. Jane is part of Wild Bill's Traveling Show. Frank "the Pistol Prince" Butler is one of the best sharp-shooters there are. And Annie Oakley is slowly falling for Frank (though she won't admit it). After a garou hunt goes wrong, Jane finds a strange bite on her arm. Soon, the trio has to find Jane a cure and escape the west.

DC Icons by various authors

The DC Icons series is one I've been wanting to read for a long time. I a, so excited to finally have it in my possession. I know I've said this about most of the other books on this list but I'm really excited to read this series.
    Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo- Princess Diana wants to prove herself a hero. When the chance comes, she throws away the glory and breaks Amazon's law to save a mortal. Dianna comes to find out she didn't save just anybody and might have doomed the entire planet. Alia Keralis didn't know she was being hunted. Alia has the power to spark a war. She's a Warbringer, the direct descendent of Helen of Troy. It's up to Diana and Alia to face armies of enemies bent on either possessing or destroying the Warbringer.
    Batman: Night Walker by Marie Lu- Nightwalkers are terrorizing Gotham City and their next target is Burce Wayne. Slowly, the elites of Gotham are being murdered in their own homes. Meanwhile, Bruce has just turned eighteen and is about to inherit his family fortune and manor. However, after a run-in with the police, Bruce is forced to do community service at Arkham Asylum. In Arkham, Bruce meets Madaline, a girl with links to the Nightwalkers.
    Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J. Mass- Two years after escaping Gotham City, Selina Kyle returns as Holly Vanderhees. She discovers that Batman is off on a mission and has left the task of defending Gotham to Batwing. Meanwhile, Luke Fox is determined to prove he can be a hero. He targets a new thief who has teamed up with Harley Quinn and Posin Ivy. Together, the trio has been tweaking havoc. 
    Superman: Dawnbringer by Matt la Pena - Clark Kent has always been better than everyone else, but showing off can be dangerous. When Clark follows the sounds of crying he meets Gloria Alvarez. He's not the only one hiding something. Clark teams up with his best friend Lana to help him learn the truth. Before Clark Kent can become Superman, he must first save Smallville. 

That's all I have for today! Happy holidays to everyone and I hope you all have a wonderful new year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta