All American Boys by Jason Reynolds

Rashad has never committed a crime before. But that doesn't stop a cop from beating him senseless on the sidewalk outside of Jerry's. Then there's Quinn. The kid who watched it all happen. The kid who did nothing to stop it. He doesn't want anyone to know he just watched as his classmate laid on the ground defenseless. now these boys have to face the unavoidable truth of racism and police brutality.
    All American Boys was very insightful and as someone who has white privilege, it definitely taught me to be It really inspired some good conversations. It really helped to shine a light on the injustices in America. The book was really powerful,l and I'm happy I read it. I think that this book deserves more hype.
    I really liked All American Boys. There was never a moment where I felt bored and wanted to go do something else. I liked that All American Boys was narrated by both Rashad and Quinn. It switched between their POVs. I love it when books do that.

Page Count: 316 pages
Published: September 29, 2015
Genre: Contemporary
My Rating: 3 stars

Buy this book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta