The Maze Runner by James Dashner

The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1)
Thomas can't remember anything. He doesn't remember his life before he came to the Glade. The Glade is surrounded by a huge maze. Gladers run out there every day but yet they can't find a way out. The walls are always moving, always changing. At night, they are full of dangerous monsters called Grievers- beasts that could kill. Shortly after Thomas arrives, something strange happens. A girl arrives. The first girl to ever come to the Glade. And now, more than ever,  the GLaders are determined to escape, but few will survive.
        Oh my gosh, where do I begin? First, The Maze Runner is amazing! I love it! After only one book, The Maze Runner has become one of my favorite dystopian novels. The book is set within a post-apocalyptic world. I felt like I was right there with Thomas, especially in the beginning.
        I think the world-building was great but it could have been better. Like Thomas, I was so confused in the beginning. I had no idea what was going on. I felt like the information was given were literally and blunt.
        I love the characters in this book. Thomas was a great protagonist and Chuck was so loveable and cute. James Dashner ended up including bone-chilling plot twists and dramatic deaths that made me want to cry.
        I am definitely going to read the rest of the series! I really want to see the movies now too!

Page Count: 384 pages
Published: October 6, 2009
Genre: Dystopian

Series: The Maze Runner book 1
My Rating: 5 stars
Buy this book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta