The Beholder by Anna Bright

The Beholder (The Beholder, #1)
Selah is ready for her happily ever after. She is the heir of Potomac. She must find someone to rule beside her. When her proposal ends with rejection, her stepmother sends Selah across the ocean to find new love. If Selah doesn't get engaged, she can't come home at all. But her stepmother has bigger plans that may result in Selah not coming home at all.
        The Beholder reminded me of a lot Cinderella. Selah had a wicked stepmother and a dashing prince. I loved that there would be excerpts from different fairytales through the book too. And it wasn't just in English. The excerpts were written in both the original language and the English translation which I thought was pretty cool.
        The Beholder was kinda a mix of dystopian and fantasy. Potomac seemed to be in one of the Americas (north, I think). I guess it was a fantasy book because that's what Goodreads says.
        Selah travels across the ocean to England and Asgard. First, isn't Asgard the planet where Thors from? Now to the important stuff. There were two loves interests (one from each country). Out of the two, I like Bear better. I know some bad stuff happened between them but I didn't really feel the sparks between Selah and Torden. Torden was nice but Bear and Selah were such a good couple.
        The main character was beautifully written. There were so many aspects of her that we got to explore. She spent her whole life dreaming of happily ever after and she continues to hope for one as the book goes on. Like a lot of characters in YA, Selah has no filter. Things just fly out of her mouth and she didn't think before doing stuff. There were so many moments where I was just ohhhh you shouldn't have said that... 
        I found it a bit hard to keep track of some of the characters in this book. One of the suitors Selah visited had so many siblings. I think there were seven. They all had similar names too which was so confusing.
        In all, I loved The Beholder. It was an amazing book that I really liked and I would recommend checking it out. I'm so excited that the sequel recently came out so I'll be reading The Boundless soon.

Page Count: 435 pages
Published: 5 stars
Genre: fantasy
Series: The Beholder book 1
Buy this book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta