Guest Review by Avery: The Other Boyle Girl by Philippa Gregory

The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory, Paperback | Barnes & Noble®Mary Boylen comes to court at the age of 14. She catches the eye of Henry VIII. Mary falls in love with the most powerful man in England. She becomes the enemy to Queen Cathrine who she has to sever at the court since she came. Soon Mary will find out she is nothing but a pawn in her family's plot
as she steps aside for her sister Anne. Anne is full of ambition and Mary realizes that she must defy her family and the king to save herself, the man she loves, and her children.
        I absolutely loved this book! It was filled with plot twists and secrets. The plot was easy to follow even though there were so many events in the story. Any of my friends can tell you I hate books with any form of romance...

Editor Abby: Yeah I can back up that claim. She won't even finish The Selection which people who follow my blog know is one of my favorite books. Okay, back to Avery.

        This book made me love the relationships that take place in the book. The writing style in the story fits the age the book takes place in which just brings the reader more into the story. As a fan of Six the Musical, there were a few times where I caught my self singing the lyrics. Overall, The Other Boyle Girl was very enjoyable and interesting and I could definitely read it over and over again.

Editor Abby: When she says she can read it over and over again she's telling the truth. Avery has read The Other Boyle Girl 3 times.

Page Count: 661 pages
Published: 2001
Genre: Historical Fiction
Series: Tudor Court series
My Rating: 5 stars


~~~
This post was written by my friend Avery who read The Other Boyle Girl. For this month's musical series, I wanted to do Six which Avery mentioned in her review.  I liked to have a book to go along with the post so I enlisted Avery to write me a review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta