TBR TAKEDOWN!

  We are all quarantined and honestly, I'm getting a little bored. Blogging is really my last hope at staying sane and not going stir crazy. So right now, I'm just going to talk about the books that I have on my TBR shelf. For anyone who doesn't know TBR is an abbreviation for To Be Read. I think I have about 28 books, so let's get started.

Series 

  I'll start by talking about the series that I have to read. I'll have completed series and non-completed series so let's start. 

Image result for alex and eliza

Alex & Eliza by Melissa de la Cruz

I have the complete trilogy and I'm currently reading the first book, Alex & Eliza. So far it's great!

Image result for dorothy must die series

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

This is another book where the full series is sitting on my TBR shelf. I have all seven books which include the three companions and the four main books. The three books in the series not pictured above are Dorothy Must Die Vols. 1-3 which is a collection of all the novellas. 

Image result for the modern faerie tales by holly black

The Modern Faire Tales by Holly Black

Once again, I have the whole series on my shelf. I have a copy of this book where all three books are just condensed into one cover but I'm still counting it as a series. I have wanted to read this book for a long time but I have always been so initiated by the size. Every time I am ready to start it, I have another book to read such as one of my ARCs or something else.

Image result for winterhouse series

Winterhouse by Ben Guterson

I think this is the last full series on my shelf. This series is a trilogy and the only book that I did not include a picture of was the last book, The Winterhouse Mysteries

Image result for all the wrong questions

All the Wrong Questions: Who Could That Be at This Hour? by Lemony Snicket

Who Could That Be at This Hour is the first book in Lemony Snickets All the Wong Questions series. 

Image result for the strangers haddix

The Strangers by Marget Peterson Haddix

This is the first book in the Greystone Secrets series and I don't think book two, The Deceivers, is out yet but the expected publication is in 2020.

Image result for the beholder

The Beholder by Anna Bright 

I don't think the second book in this series is out yet either. I checked Goodreads and it said that the expected publication for book 2, The Boundless, is 2020.

Image result for seeds of america trilogy

Chains by Anderson Laurie Halse 

This book is about a slave during the Revolutionary War. 22

Image result for lilys story

Lily's Story by W. Burce Cameron 

I love books about dogs and I've read many other of W. Burce Camerons books including the other the Puppy Tales series and A Dogs Way Home.

The Second Story (The Magic Misfits, #2)

The Second Story by Neil Pattrick Harris 

Last year I read The Magic Misfits by Neil Pattrick Harris. By now I think that book 3 in the series, The Mirror Third, is out and I'm way behind. 

The Evil Queen

The Evil Queen by Gena Showalter 

I can't wait to read this book. The Evil Queen is the first book in The Forest of Good and Evil series. The cover of the second book, The Glass Queen, is beautiful.

Mother Knows Best: A Tale of the Old Witch

Mother Knows Best by Serena Valentino 

This is the fifth book in Dinsey Villians. I reviewed the first two books and the fourth book in this series (I skipped over reviewing book 3-oops). Anyway, there are currently 6 books out in this series and book 7 is coming out in July I think. 

Image result for barnes and noble sherlock holmes leatherbound

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle

The last book I have that is part of a series is The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I have the Barnes & Noble exclusive leatherbound and the cover is absolutely gorgeous. 

Stand-Alones

Image result for dont tell the nazis

Don't Tell the Nazis by Marsha Forchuk Skrypuch 

This historical fiction book takes place during the Holocaust. I love reading about the Holocaust era although the stories are heartbreaking and it was one of the saddest times in history.

Image result for words on fire

Words On Fire by Jenifer A. Nielsen

Words on Fire is yet another historical fiction. I'm not sure when it takes place so I'll have to check that again, but none the less I'm sure this will be enjoyable.

Image result for all the lovely bad ones

All the Lovely Bad Ones

I've been wanting to get more into the horror genre and this book came up while I was browsing Barnes and Nobles one day.

Image result for the remarkable journey of coyote sunrise

The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise by Dan Gemeinhart

I've had this book for quite some time now and I really should get around to reading it soon. I read any middle-grade novel during my quarantine, it'll probably be this book.

Girl in the Blue Coat

Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse 

I can't wait to read this one! Gosh, I feel like I said that for every book on this list though.

Romanov

Romanov by Nadine Brandes

I let my friend borrow this book a few weeks ago she really loved it. The fact that she liked it so much just makes me more eager to read this one.

A Dress for the Wicked

A Dress for the Wicked by Autumn Krause 

The cover of this book is stunning and I've seen beautiful Booksagram pictures of this book.

Stepsister

Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS! It pains me so much that I haven't gotten to this book yet.

ARCs

  I've finished most of the ARCs that I have on my shelf and only two remain.

The Mall

The Mall by Megan McCafferty

The Mall takes place during the 90s which is an era I've actually heard very little about. I don't know much besides the scrunchies that were in style, cassette tapes, and a strange thing used called a land-line. I'm interested to see how much the society of the book will differ from out modern-day society. Obviously, they all won't be stuck inside their houses because of a virus.

Image result for the elephant's girl by celesta rimington

The Elephants Girl by Celesta Rimington

This book has been on my TBR for a while and I should probably get to reading it soon. It comes out in May in case anyone was wondering. 


Now let's see how much of these I'm actually going to read in the next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta