Lets Book Talk: The Selection by Kiera Cass


*** WARNING SPOILER ALERT FOR ALL 5 BOOKS*** 


An Intro to Book Talks... 

  So this is the first book talk I'm doing so bear with me while I figure this all out. Feel free to comment on your thoughts too and start up a conversation about the books. This is what this post is for after all.

Americas Selection: 

Image result for the selectionMaxon or Aspen? 

  Team Maxon all the way!!! He's so sweet and nice! You can really feel the bond between him and America. I just never felt that way with Aspen. 

Celeste 

  Good or bad? What do you think? I loved Celeste by the end of these books. She's like the villain of the story but then you find out about her backstory and then you just love them so much because the backstory is so sad! That reminds me of the Evil Queen from The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer. 


The Northern Rebels 

  Who was surprised that America's dad was a NORTHERN REBLE? *Raises hand*. I can't believe it! He is so nice and loving though and I love that plot twist. The same goes for Kriss. And I just love Georgia. She was so nice and I definitely thought she was going to rat America out when she was hiding in the tree.  

Eadlyn's Selection: 

Hale is gay

  There's nothing wrong with being gay, just saying. Anyway, I was defiantly rooting for Hale the hole time in the selection, until we found out about him and Ian. 

Ekkio wins the selection

  I have to be honest, I wasn't really shipping this relationship. I felt no connection between him and Eadlyn and it felt way too much like insta-love. Honestly, this wasn't the best ending the selection could have had. They went on what? Like three dates? In America's Selection, we got to watch her and Maxons bond keep growing and I could really feel the connection. It's just not the same with Ekkio and Eadlyn. 

Which Selection did I like better?

  America's selection. Her relationship with Maxon felt much more real. While I do love Eadlyn, I felt like she made the wrong choice. I saw no connection between her and Ekkio.
Related image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 5 Favorite Quotes From Clap When You Land

Fairest of All by Serena Valentino

Bloom by Kevin Panetta